The Northern District and the Chicago Chapter of the Federal Bar Association are seeking nominations (by April 10, 2017) for attorneys who have provided outstanding pro bono and public interest representation in civil and criminal matters before the Northern District that are complete and no longer pending. In the words of the Northern District:
The nominee should be someone who has demonstrated excellence in commitment to pro bono or public interest work by handling a matter in this District as a court-appointed attorney, pro bono attorney, or staff attorney for a not‑for‑profit agency, representing an indigent party in a civil or criminal matter.
- dedication to pro bono or public interest work;
- outstanding achievement resulting from the representation of a large group of indigents, successful representation in a difficult case;
- outstanding negotiation and settlement skills in achieving a result without trial;
- extraordinary number of hours committed to pro bono work; and
- other distinguished performance.