In late 2007, Chicago lost an important member of our IP community, Mark Banner. Chicago’s Richard Linn Inn of Court, of which Banner as a founding Master, has established a scholarship offering second and third year law students $5,000 toward their fall semester tuition. Applications (click here to download one) are due by October 10. Here are the scholarship criteria:
- Commitment to pursue IP law;
- Commitment to ethics, civility and professionalism;
- Academic merit, both law school and other undergraduate or graduate work;
- Written and oral communication skills, including a telephone interview;
- Leadership and community involvement; and
- Member of a historically underrepresented group in IP.