The Northern District and the Chicago Chapter of the Federal Bar Association are seeking nominations (by April 3, 2015) for attorneys who have provided outstanding pro bono and public interest representation in civil and criminal matters before the Northern District that are complete and no longer pending. In the words of the Northern District:
The nominee should be someone who has demonstrated excellence in commitment to pro bono or public interest work by handling a matter in this District as a court-appointed attorney, pro bono attorney, or staff attorney for a not‑for‑profit agency, representing an indigent party in a civil or criminal matter.
- dedication to pro bono or public interest work, outstanding achievement resulting from the representation of a large group of indigents;
- successful representation in a difficult case;
- outstanding negotiation and settlement skills in achieving a result without trial;
- extraordinary number of hours committed to pro bono work; and
- other distinguished performance.
Click here for the nomination form. Send your nominations via e-mail to: ProBono_ILND@ilnd.uscourts.gov. For any questions contact:
Chambers of Chief Judge Ruben Castillo
2548 Dirksen Courthouse
219 South Dearborn Street
Chicago, Illinois 60604