John Marshall Law School has two excellent upcoming CLE programs coming up this month and early next. Here is some information about them:
PCT Seminar for Patent Professionals
- October 20-21, 2016 (this Thursday and Friday) — register here
- The event is co-sponsored by the World Intellectual Property Organization & Bloomberg Law
- John Marshall is offering up to 12.75 CLE hours (for the full two day session, less for the half-day session that just runs the morning of October 20).
- Here is John Marshall’s description of the event:
This two-day seminar offers an examination of current practice with regard to the PCT system for patent professionals. The half-day session will focus on an overview of the PCT system, the most recent and future developments in the PCT system, as well as some of the most important strategic decisions that need to be taken when using the PCT system. This will be followed by a day and a half looking at a detailed analysis of the PCT system, covering best practices and sophisticated tips about the procedural aspects of the PCT. It will cover the process from start to finish including the filing of the applications, preparing the international search, the preliminary examination, and eventually entering the national phase before designated Offices. This course will also offer a platform for the participants to discuss more complex and unusual scenarios and to discuss particularly interesting real-life cases put forth by the instructors or by the attendees’ own experience.
European Patent Practice Seminar
- November 1-2 — register here
- The event is co-sponsored by Kuhnen & Wacker, a German IP firm
- John Marshall is offering up to 12.75 CLE hours
- Here is the event brochure.