As part of the Northern District of Illinois’ continuing 200th anniversary celebration, the Northern District of Illinois Court Historical Association, the Seventh Circuit Bar Association, and the Federal Bar Association are hosting a program on March 20, 2019 from 3:00-4:30 pm CT in courtroom 2525 highlighting federal judicial trailblazers:
- Chief Judge Ruben Castillo – First Hispanic Chief Judge in the Northern District of Illinois;
- Judge Ilana Diamond Rovner – First woman judge appointed to the Seventh Circuit;
- Judge Ann Claire Williams (Ret.) – First woman judge of color to serve in a district court within the Seventh Circuit and the first judge of color appointed to the Seventh Circuit;
- Attorney Willoughby Anderson Will discussing some of the first federal judges appointed in Illinois;
- Judge Edmond E. Chang – First Asian-Pacific American Article III federal judge in Illinois;
- Judge Susan Pierson Sonderby (Ret.) – First woman appointed as a Bankruptcy Judge and as a Chief Bankruptcy Judge in the Seventh;
- Circuit Judge Thomas M. Durkin Will discuss Hon. Stanley Roszkowski, the first full-time district court judge in the Western Division of the Northern District of Illinois.
The panel will be moderated by Judge Geraldine Soat Brown (Ret.). The program is free and 1.5 hours of professional responsibility credit are expected for Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin. The program is free, but space is limited. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.