Last Friday, May 29 the Northern District held its tenth annual pro bono awards ceremony. Federal Bar Association President Juanita Sales Lee was the keynote speaker. The Court gave out both Awards for Excellence in Pro Bono and an Award for Special Service to the Court. The Excellence awards went to:
- Richard L. Marcus of Sonnenschein Nath Rosenthal LLP (presented by Judge Cox);
- Howard L. Mocerf, Richard P. Darke and Amy E. McCracken of Duane Morris LLP (presented by Judge Manning);
- Kate Jillian Grossman of Sidley Austin LLP (presented by Judge Schenkier);
- Edward M. Fox of Ed Fox & Associates (presented by Chief Judge Holderman);
- Jeffrey D. Colman of Jenner & Block LLP (presented by Judge Bucklo);
- James P. Condon of Central States Funds (presented by Judge St. Eve and Judge Cole);
- Michael George Kelly of the Law Offices of Chadwick & Lakerdas (presented by Judge Manning and Judge Cox);
- Arthur J. Howe of Schopf & Weiss LLP and Julie Ann Sebastian of Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office (presented by Judge Lefkow);
And the Special Service Award went to:
- Joel Daly, District Court Information Officer (presented by Chief Judge Holderman).
Congratulations to all of the recipients, and thanks to all of the award recipients for their service.