At the end of this month, I will be heading to the Colorado Rockies for the Annual Rocky Mountain IP & Technology Institute. It will be my fourth year in a row attending and presenting at the Institute, which is consistently one of the two best CLE programs that I attend. I will be speaking on a panel about “Understanding the Characters of ‘Troll Land’ for Non-Patent Attorneys.” My co-panelists are:
- Scott Alter, Faegre Baker Daniels; and
- Kevin Jakel, Unified Patents.
We will be discussing, among other things, software patents, indemnity and the anatomy of a claim. I expect it to be a lively and interesting discussion. And if that is not enough, come for the judges panel, which includes:
- Judge Jimmie V. Reyna, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit;
- Judge Phillip A. Brimmer, U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado;
- Judge Faith S. Hochberg, U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey;
- Judge Barbara M.G. Lynn, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas;
- Judge Leonard Davis, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas; and
- Judge Andrew Hartman, 20th Judicial District Court, Colorado
The Institute is May 29-30 in Denver and features an outstanding faculty and agenda with four different program tracks. Check out the complete agenda on the Institute’s website, and register here. I look forward to seeing you there.