The Richard Linn American Inn of Court is offering a $10,000 scholarship to law students planning to pursue intellectual property careers. Recipients must be in a US, ABA-accredited law school and continue in the program at least through the fall 2018 semester. Applications are due by December 8, 2017. The Linn Inn’s website has additional information, including registration information.
For those interested, here is more information about the scholarship:
Law students who have entered into a JD program at an ABA-accredited law school in the United States and who will continue in that program through at least the Fall semester 2017 are eligible to apply for the Mark T. Banner Scholarship.
Scholarship recipients will be selected by the Mark T. Banner Scholarship review board based on the following criteria:
- Commitment to the pursuit of a career in IP law.
- Commitment, qualities and actions toward ethics, civility and professionalism.
- Academic merit (undergraduate, graduate and law school).
- Written and oral communication skills.
- Leadership qualities and community involvement.
- Member of a historically underrepresented group in IP law (including race, sex, ethnicity, sexual orientation and disability).
The recipient of the Mark T. Banner Scholarship will receive $10,000 payable for the fall 2018 semester of his or her second or third year of law school.