The Northern District, along with the Chicago Bar Association and in conjunction with the Women’s Bar Association of Illinois and the Black Women Lawyers’ Association, are sponsoring a free program, “May it Please the Court:” Symposium on Women Lawyers in the Courtroom.
It is being held from 12:30-5:15pm CT on April 12, 2018, at the Northern District Courthouse, 219 S. Dearborn Street, Chicago.
The program is focused on discussing and promoting strategies for empowering women lawyers as lead counsel and trial counsel. The following topics will be addressed:
- The Studies: A discussion of the studies “If Not Now, When? Achieving Equality for Women Attorneys in the Courtroom and in ADR” and “The Participation of Women Lawyers as Lead Counsel and Trial Counsel in Litigation.”
- In-House Counsel: Corporations are positioning women as leaders on trial teams and promoting strategies to further increase women lawyer participation in their matters.
- The Next Generation of Women Trial Lawyers: Tips and strategies to gain trial experience in order to become lead trial counsel.
- Managing Partners: Best practices to increase the number of women in the courtroom.
- A View from the Bench: Judicial observations on the benefits of women as trial counsel and what can be done to increase the number women trying cases.